With the rapid growth of online shopping, Amazon continues to be the go-to marketplace for countless consumers. It's become even more indispensable with its wide range of products and the convenience it brings. However, when it comes to making payments, some shoppers wonder how they can split their payment using multiple methods. Maybe you have a few gift cards, or perhaps you want to share the cost of a purchase with someone. Thankfully, Amazon offers several ways to do just that. In this guide, we'll walk you through how to split payment on Amazon with ease.
Why Split Payment on Amazon?
- Gift Cards Galore: Everyone has that one drawer filled with gift cards received over the years. Instead of letting them collect dust, why not use them up on Amazon? Splitting your payment allows you to combine gift cards with other payment methods.
- Share the Cost: If you're buying a gift with siblings for a parent's milestone birthday or joining forces with a roommate for a household purchase, splitting the payment makes the process seamless.
- Budgeting Benefits: Sometimes, we want to allocate funds from different accounts for a purchase. Split payments enable this without any hassles.
How to Use Multiple Gift Cards on Amazon
- Adding Your Gift Cards: Before making a purchase, head to the "Your Account" section on Amazon. Under the "Amazon Wallet" tab, you'll find "Gift Cards." Here, you can add multiple gift cards one by one. Every card you add will increase your Amazon balance.
- Making a Purchase: Once you've added all your gift cards, shop as you usually would. At checkout, Amazon will automatically use your gift card balance first.
- Supplementing the Balance: If your gift card balance doesn’t cover the entire amount, you can use a credit or debit card to pay the remaining sum. Remember, while you can use multiple gift cards, you can only use one debit/credit card.
Sharing Costs with Amazon Household
- Setting Up Amazon Household: This feature is perfect for those sharing living spaces or family members. By setting up an Amazon Household, you can share the benefits of Prime, digital content, and more. Moreover, each member can add their payment method, making cost-splitting more straightforward.
- Making a Purchase: When a member of the Amazon Household makes a purchase, they can choose their payment method or another member's, provided they've been given access.
- Tracking and Managing Orders: Since everyone in the household has their separate account, tracking, and managing orders becomes simple and efficient.
Using a Split Payment Service (Outside of Amazon)
- Choose a Service: There are third-party services, like Klarna or Afterpay, which allow you to split your Amazon payments into installments. Though not directly affiliated with Amazon, they can be useful. Research and choose a service that best fits your needs.
- Setting It Up: Typically, these services work by giving you a one-time card number to use for your purchase. You then pay back the service in installments.
- Remember the Terms: Ensure you understand the terms of your chosen service. Some might charge interest or fees if you miss a payment.
Conclusion Splitting payments on Amazon can make larger purchases more manageable, utilize those long-forgotten gift cards, or simply make shared buying experiences smoother. Whether you're using multiple gift cards, sharing costs with Amazon Household, or employing an outside split payment service, you now have the knowledge to make your shopping experience even more flexible and convenient. So, the next time you're eyeing that big-ticket item or sharing a gift's cost, remember these handy tips to split your payment effortlessly. Happy shopping.