When shopping for a new gaming PC, there are several factors to consider, including:
- Processor: The processor is the brain of the computer and plays a crucial role in gaming performance. Look for a fast and powerful processor, such as an Intel Core i5 or i7, or a AMD Ryzen 5 or 7.
- Graphics card: The graphics card is responsible for rendering the game’s graphics and should be powerful enough to handle the games you want to play. Look for a card from a reputable manufacturer, such as NVIDIA or AMD.
- Memory: Make sure the gaming PC has enough memory (RAM) to handle the games you want to play and any other tasks you’ll be using it for. 8GB is a good minimum, but 16GB or more is even better.
- Storage: Gaming PCs need plenty of storage space for games and other files. Look for a gaming PC with a solid-state drive (SSD) for faster loading times, and consider getting a larger HDD for additional storage.
- Cooling: Gaming PCs can generate a lot of heat, so it’s important to choose a model with good cooling to prevent overheating and ensure smooth performance.
- Brand: There are many reputable brands that produce gaming PCs, including Alienware, Asus, CyberPower, HP, Lenovo, MSI, and others.
- Price: Gaming PCs can range in price from a few hundred dollars to several thousand, depending on the components and features. Consider your budget and what you can afford before making a decision.
As for Affirm, it is a financing option that allows you to pay for your gaming PC over time with monthly installments. You can use Affirm to finance a gaming PC from any retailer that offers it as a payment option.
Some popular types of gaming PCs include desktop towers, small form factor PCs, and gaming laptops. Each has its own benefits and drawbacks, so consider your needs and preferences before deciding which one is right for you.