When shopping for a new bed, there are a few things to consider:
- Size: Make sure to measure the space where you plan to put the bed and choose a size that fits well.
- Comfort: Consider the level of firmness or softness that you prefer in a mattress. You may want to try out different beds in a store or read reviews online to get a sense of what will work for you.
- Support: A good bed should provide proper support for your body, especially for your back and spine. Look for a bed with good lumbar support or consider adding a separate lumbar support pillow.
- Material: Beds are made from a variety of materials, including memory foam, pocket springs, and foam or fiberfill. Consider which materials will be most comfortable and supportive for you.
- Price: Set a budget for your bed and consider using a payment plan like Affirm to help make the purchase more manageable.
Some popular kinds of beds include:
- Memory foam beds: These beds are made from a dense, flexible foam that molds to the shape of your body, providing support and pressure relief.
- Pocket spring beds: These beds have individually wrapped coils that move independently, providing support and reducing motion transfer.
- Latex beds: These beds are made from natural or synthetic latex and are known for their bouncy, supportive feel.
Some popular brands that produce beds include Serta, Sealy, and Tempur-Pedic.